DABD are looking for support workers to provide all aspects of care support to people in the local community.
Experience desirable, but full and on-going training is provided.
Purpose of the Job:
To provide a holistic personal care support service for individuals to enable them to regulate their personal care within their own home as defined in their agreed care plan.
To maintain their privacy, dignity, respect, confidentiality, choices, individuality and fulfillment in this facilitating role.
To ensure that all care support is provided in accordance with the standards and regulations of the CQC.
1. To provide personal care and other support services to the client as defined in the agreed care plan.
2. To facilitate and support the client with personal care tasks e.g. washing, dressing, undressing, grooming, domestic duties, laundry, toileting, meal preparation, social activities, shopping, collection of benefits and prescriptions etc.
3. To carry out all responsibilities and duties in accordance with DABD’s Code of Practice Guidelines.
4. To carry out all responsibilities and duties in accordance with DABD’s policies and procedures and CQC standards and regulations.
5. To provide relevant and necessary written reports as required within the duties of the post e.g. communication book entries, handover book entries, medication and any financial logging requirements etc.
6. To deliver the individual care plan as agreed by the client, their care manager and DABD (uk).
7. To assist/prompt clients where required with their medication requirements strictly in accordance with the G.P. and DABD’s instructions and in accordance with their care plan requirements.
8. To maintain confidentiality at all times.
9. To attend and participate in 3 monthly team meetings and supervisions in accordance with the CQC’s standards and regulations.
10. To be willing to undertake appropriate training where necessary.
11. To carry out all responsibilities and duties in accordance with DABD’s Health & Safety policies and procedures.
12. To be responsible for all aspects of security and safety of the client whilst in the client’s home.
13. To use any equipment/appliances/aids, safely and effectively when transferring and manoeuvring clients.
14. To comply with DABD’s procedures by appropriately logging all financial and monetary transactions on behalf of the tenant.
15. During holiday/sickness or other absences, you may be required to work outside your normal working days/times.
16. To carry out all responsibilities and duties in accordance with DABD’s Equalities & Diversity Policy.
17. The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as may be required by the Registered Manager within the grading level of this post and the competence of the post holder.
1. To be patient, calm, positive and flexible
2. To be able to work under pressure
3. To be reliable and punctual
4. To deal sensitively with clients and be able to maintain their privacy, dignity, respect, choice and individuality.
5. To be able to provide clear and concise written reports
6. To have good communication and interpersonal skills
7. Experience of working on own initiative but within defined guidelines
8. To be able to work well in a team
9. To be able to use equipment appropriately and safely as trained and within the health and safety guidelines.
1. Previous experience as a personalcare worker
2. Previous experience within the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham